Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Thousand Suns

"This is not the end, this is not the beginning, just a voice like a riot rocking every revision. But you listen to the tone and the violent rhythm, though the words sound steady something emptys within em...
We say yeah!
With fists flying up in the air! Like we’re holding onto something that’s invisible there... Cuz we’re living at the mercy of the pain and the fear, until we dead it, forget it, and let it all disappear!"

***

Now, I don't usually makes any review on !Trash Talk!, the main reason is because I hate it, only occasionally I make Manga Reviews cause I feel like it's worth it!

But the new album from Linkin Park, 'A Thousand Suns' is actually in the category that is worth reviewing!

If you follow the band closely, or read about them from Shinoda's Blog or any source related to them, you would know by now, that their new album are receiving mix critics from the pros and anti-fans/critics... But I do stand with the view that this is a good album if not great!

I might be bias, as a die-hard fan so do I called myself, but I can't help but saying this is a new Linkin Park that good nonetheless as they are before during the Hybrid Theory and Meteora's era.

But, having follow the band from 2006 one should actually saw this one coming, especially after the released of 2007 'Minutes to Midnight' album. I admit, it's might not sound the same and not what their first base fans like to hear it, but even though their overall style do sound like changing, you still can find the old Linkin Park somewhere around their new songs, seriously!

The rapping style might change, but it's maturing, very more relax and more to modern hip hop and not very much gang style anymore [personally for me, it's a pity cause the Shinoda's way of 'gang-like' rapping was the main reason I followed them years ago...], and you might find Chester scream far less in this album, certain songs do sound like a reggae a bit, just like the one I quote above, which is from the track 'Waiting For The End', which I might said, is the favorite of mine from the album...

Again, picking up a favorite songs/tracks from Linkin Park is hard stuff for me, cause I find it's very very rare that their songs didn't satisfy my lust for hearing, but I guess for 'A T S', this song is stand out for me!

But nonetheless, this album is great, it combines all track into a whole one album which is better to be played simultaneously because every tracks, not just related from their music [intro and outro, like LP used to do], but also in their meaning, message and mood...

I say that, once you heard the album, you'll find it is worth listening, buying and repeating! For ol' skool die hard LP fans' outside though, I advise that you prepare for a revolution, while a new listener, get ready for a band that not afraid to change, and ultimately, changing the world itself!

There should be a saying, "The hand that riff the guitar can shake the world!"

I would also said that, just like the lyric I quote above, this is not the end and surely not the beginning of something great coming out from this band!


Oh, did I said the album is great? 

Other reviews:

3. MTV




T/t: from the 'Wretches and Kings'

There's a time, when the operation of the machine becomes so odious.

Makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part,

You can't even passively take part.

And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels,

Upon the levers,
Upon all the apparatus. And you've got to make it stop!
And you've got to indicate to the people, who run in to the people own it.
And unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!

-Mario Savio-

No comments:

Post a Comment

trashtalk here, beware, everything you said can and will be used against you~ LOL